Search This Blog

Monday, October 31, 2016

Help Me Pick a Halloween Costume For Next Year!



Happy Halloween!!!

This is going to be a very short message as I have a lot of preparing to do for tonight.  Let's see...I've got lollipops and Reese's peanut butter pumpkins to give out to the trick-or-treaters, I've got the pumpkin carved and put in the front porch window to let people know my home is open for Halloween goodies.

And, I've also got some window cleaner available in case someone decides to egg my house.  I don't know anyone I've pissed off enough to warrant that, but we shall see what happens.  I'm prepared for worst case scenarios here.

All in all, I just want everybody to have a safe and happy Halloween.  Dress in costumes that reflect light.  Carry some glowsticks in your hands or incorporate them into your costumes so that people can see you.  Don't eat anything from your loot bags that might have been tampered with.  And definitely don't eat Popeye candy sticks.  Not because they're dangerous, but because they are tasteless.

You know, Halloween hasn't always had the greatest memories associated with it for me.  It was around 25 years ago this time that I had to say goodbye to my grandmother who passed away two days before Halloween.  Believe it or not, her wake was held ON Halloween.  That might seem creepy to you, but under the circumstances, there really was no other choice.

But that's not to say that I don't like Halloween.  On the contrary, I enjoy it a lot.  Though in recent years, I haven't bothered with costumes.  Heck, this is only the second year that I've had trick-or-treaters since I moved into this house last summer.  But, I could be coerced to change that...especially for next year.

So, I'm going to ask all of you...what should I be for Halloween next year?  Give me some suggestions, and I may choose one of them for Halloween 2017. 

I almost considered dressing up as the scariest thing ever this year...but I couldn't find a Hydro One Meter Reader costume.  And dressing up as Kathleen Wynne is out because I don't think I'd be able to do her justice.  Not that she has any to begin with but still...

Yeah, my ideas suck.  Help me out next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment