Search This Blog

Thursday, August 30, 2012

The Last Confession? (a.k.a. I need YOUR help!)




THURSDAY CONFESSION #35: This is going to be the final Thursday Confession for the Pop Culture Addict's Guide To Life.

Oh, don't worry. I'm still continuing with the blog. I'm not pulling the plug on the whole thing...just Thursdays.

You see, I think that I have come to the conclusion that I really don't have much more to confess to all of you. For the most part, I have been an open book to all of you. I really am a person who has very few secrets, and if there is honestly one thing that I can confess to all of you, it's that my life hasn't exactly been scandalous. This is more than likely a good thing for myself, but not so much for the blog, as after thirty-five confessions, the well has essentially gone dry. That's not to say that I won't bring back this Confession feature at a later date...I very well could if something significant ever happens to me. But for now, I need an idea for a new Thursday feature. And, well...I'm going to need your help for this one.

You see...I need ideas for a new theme day, and I thought that I could ask my readers for suggestions. I'll take suggestions here, as well as on my Facebook and Google+ pages from all of you during the whole month of September, and then I'll put it to a vote. The theme day that gets the most votes will be chosen as the new Thursday theme indefinitely beginning in October.

But, for this to work...I need ideas. I am completely stumped And, I need to stop ending every sentence with an exclamation point!

So, I guess that since today is the last confession, I might as well do something to end it off on a high note...and what better way to do it than spouting off a list of ninety-two mini-confessions.

Now, you are under no obligation to do this survey yourself...at 92 questions, I don't blame you one bit for not wanting to participate! But if you really want to, I have no problem with it. I just wanted to do it for fun (and because I have a little bit of time to kill). Besides, it will allow all of you to get to know this blogger slightly better than you already do now. It's up to you to decide whether that is a good thing or not.

Anyways, here is the list of questions...my answers will be in bold.
    1. ONE OF YOUR SCARS, HOW DID YOU GET IT?
    Just click on the February 14, 2012 entry in the blog which you can access right HERE to see.

    2. WHAT IS ON THE WALLS IN YOUR ROOM?
    A couple of original prints from Archie artist Dan Parent.

    3. WHAT DOES YOUR CELL PHONE LOOK LIKE?
    It is a Samsung. I don't know the model except that it is a pay-as-you-go.

    4. WHAT MUSIC DO YOU LISTEN TO?
    I have very eclectic tastes and will listen to almost anything...except gangster rap.

    5. DO YOU KNOW WHAT TIME YOU WERE BORN?
    7:35 in the morning.

    6. WHAT DO YOU WANT MORE THAN ANYTHING RIGHT NOW?
    To improve my living conditions and career options at the same time. Not too much to ask for, is it?

    7. WHAT DO YOU MISS?
    I miss my college days...but if I have my way, I will be recreating those moments in 2013.

    8. WHAT IS YOUR MOST PRIZED POSSESSION/S?
    The 2,500+ comic books that I have accumulated over a 25 year period...and before you judge, you all knew that I was a nerd before you started reading this blog. :)

    9. WHAT IS YOUR ZODIAC SIGN?




    10. DO YOU GET CLAUSTROPHOBIC?
    Only if I am in a mosh pit, or there is a lot of people packed inside a building.

    11. DO YOU GET SCARED IN THE DARK?
    I was when I was younger...not so much now.

    12. THE LAST PERSON TO MAKE YOU CRY?
    As much as I hate admitting this, a family member.

    13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE COLOGNE / PERFUME?
    Never wear it, and I believe some perfumes make me sneeze.

    14. WHAT KIND OF HAIR/EYE COLOR DO YOU LIKE ON THE OPPOSITE SEX?
    No importance to me whatsoever.

    15. WHERE CAN YOU SEE YOURSELF BEING PROPOSED TO?
    I would think that I would do the proposing, but if someone proposed to me, I wouldn't care where it was. Well, okay, maybe not a garbage dump.

    16. COFFEE OR ENERGY DRINK?
    Blecch. Neither.

    17. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE PIZZA TOPPING?
    Pepperoni, Cheese, Bacon Bits, Mushrooms.

    18. IF YOU CAN EAT ANYTHING RIGHT NOW, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
    The wonderful combination of peanut butter and chocolate.

    19. WHO IS THE LAST PERSON YOU MADE MAD?
    A cop-out, but I made myself mad recently. 

    21. WHAT WAS THE FIRST GIFT SOMEONE EVER GAVE YOU?
    My baby blanket...which I still have 31 years later.

    22. DO YOU LIKE ANYBODY?
    I like a lot of people...loving them is the challenge for me.

    23. ARE YOU DOUBLE JOINTED?
    Nope.

    24. FAVORITE CLOTHING BRAND?
    If it fits me, I like it.

    25. WHAT'S YOUR DREAM CAR?
    A Smart Car. (don't laugh, I'm serious.)

    26. DO YOU HAVE A PET RIGHT NOW?
    Not since July 2010.

    27. WHAT KIND IS IT?
    I used to have a cat. He passed away though.

    28. WOULD YOU FALL IN LOVE KNOWING THAT THE PERSON IS LEAVING?
    You'd have to define leaving first...are they going to school? Going to war? Going to die? Need more info. 

    29. WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO TELL SOMEONE HOW MUCH THEY MEAN TO YOU?
    Expressing it through words and feelings. Which I need work on, admittedly.

    30. SAY A NUMBER FROM ONE TO A HUNDRED:




    31. BLONDES OR BRUNETTES?
    Is this like a Betty vs. Veronica type question? Makes no difference to me.

    32. WHAT IS THE ONE NUMBER YOU CALL OFTEN?
    The order desk at the company that ships my store milk. What a life I live...LOL!

    33. WHAT ANNOYS YOU MOST?
    Intolerance and cruelty towards others.

    34. HAVE YOU BEEN OUT OF YOUR COUNTRY?
    Yes. Just recently, matter of fact.

    35. YOUR WEAKNESSES?
    Battling low self-esteem for the better parts of two decades. I am turning that into a strength though.

    36. FIRST JOB?
    Painting fences.

    37. EVER DONE A PRANK CALL?
    Everyone must have done at least one!

    38. WHAT WHERE YOU DOING BEFORE YOU FILLED OUT THIS?
    Trying to figure out what to do this confession on...

    39. IF YOU COULD GET PLASTIC SURGERY WHAT WOULD IT BE?
    At this point in time, I don't need any. Am very anti plastic surgery anyway.

    40. WHY DID YOU FILL OUT THIS SURVEY?
    To kill time and to add things to this blog entry.

    41. WHAT DO YOU GET COMPLIMENTED ABOUT MOST?
    My acerbic wit. Or, so I would like to think.

    42. WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF ALCOHOL BECAME ILLEGAL?
    I rarely drink, so it wouldn't be an issue for me.

    43. WHAT DO YOU WANT FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY?
    I'd like a huge party, to tell you the truth. It's been years since I had a proper birthday celebration.

    44. HOW MANY KIDS DO YOU WANT?
    At least one.

    45. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
    Um...yeah...the #1 name for boys for 1981.

    46. DO YOU WISH ON STARS?
    No, I wish FOR stars...I wish for Snooki to disappear, for instance.

    47. WHAT DID YOU DO THIS MORNING?
    Wrote this.

    48. WHAT DID YOU LAST EAT?




    49. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
    Yes...and apparently I have been told that for a man, I have immaculate penmanship. Not bragging either, that is truth.

    50. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
    Turkey.

    51. ANY BAD HABITS?
    Okay...I admit that I bite my fingernails, and I am trying to kick that habit.

    52. WHAT IS YOUR MOST EMBARRASSING CD ON THE SHELF?




    53. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
    I think I could be now...ten years ago, not a chance.

    54. HAVE YOU EVER TOLD A SECRET YOU SWORE NOT TO TELL?
    No...but if I knew it was one that was putting my friend in danger the longer it was kept, I'd blab it.

    55. DO LOOKS MATTER?
    Not as much as personality. A person could be a Cover Girl model and have an ugly disposition.

    56. HOW DO YOU RELEASE ANGER?
    In spurts. I was one who kept it bottled up inside. Didn't work.

    57. WHERE IS YOUR SECOND HOME?
    I'm still trying to find my FIRST home!

    58. WHAT ARE YOU WEARING?
    Polo shirt and shorts...will be changing to work uniform soon though.

    59. WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE TOY AS A CHILD?


    60. HOW MANY NUMBERS ARE IN YOUR CELL PHONE?
    Four...LOL!

    61. DO YOU USE SARCASM?
    Yes, I have.

    62. HAVE YOU EVER BEEN IN A MOSH PIT?
    No, and I hope I never am.

    63. WHAT DO YOU LOOK FOR IN A GUY/GIRL?
    Honesty.

    64. WHAT ARE YOUR NICKNAMES?
They are too embarrassing to admit here.

65. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR?
Mint Chocolate Chip.

66. WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE COLOR(S)?
Purple, Blue, Green.

67. WHO/WHAT DO YOU MISS MOST RIGHT NOW?
Friends who live away from me.

68. HOW MANY WISDOM TEETH DO YOU HAVE?
I have all four.

69. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS?
Not required.

70. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO?

In all likelihood, it's NOT Madonna, but whoever did this demo made it addictingly irresistible not to play.

71. LAST THING YOU DRANK?


    72. LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
    A friend of mine from Long Island.

    73. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE IN THE OPPOSITE SEX?
    Eyes are the windows to the soul.

    74. FAVORITE THOUGHT PROVOKING SONG?



    75. FAVORITE THING TO HATE?
    Hate is a strong word, but I strongly dislike bullies.

    76. FAVORITE DRINK(S)?
    Diet Dr. Pepper, Raspberry Lemonade, Iced Tea.

    77. FAVORITE ZODIAC SIGN:
    Taurus.

    78. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SPORT?
    Is bowling a sport?

    79. WHAT IS YOUR HAIR COLOR?
    97% dark brown, 3% grey. Just being honest.

    80. EYE COLOR?
    Brown

    81. HEIGHT?
    6'1”...not quite 6'2”

    82. SIBLINGS?
    Two...both older than I am.

    83. FAVORITE MONTH?
    Toss-up between May and October.

    84. YOU LIKE SUSHI?
    Don't know...never mustered up the courage to eat it.

    85. LAST THING YOU WATCHED?


    86. FAVORITE DAY OF THE YEAR?
    February 29, because they are so rare.

    87. ARE YOU TOO SHY TO ASK SOMEONE OUT?
    Is the sun hot?

    88. SUMMER OR WINTER?
    Winter.

    89. KISSES OR HUGS?
    Both

    90. RELATIONSHIPS OR ONE NIGHT STANDS?
    Relationships.

    91. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU BOUGHT?

    92. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING?
     

No comments:

Post a Comment