Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Motive2Change - My Secret Life as an Internet Talk Show Host



All right, so the first thing that I would like to begin with in today's entry is an explanation for yesterday's April Fools' Day blog.

As I explained in the blog yesterday, the legend of Pesco d'Aprile was simply that.  A legend.  Loosely translated from Italian to English, the name literally means "April Fool"!  I will tell you this much though.  Coming up with a Tuesday Timeline entry that was a gigantic fabrication was a lot harder than I thought it would be.  At the very least, I hope I had some of you readers going for a little while before I let you in on the real truth.

Speaking of which, I do have a little bit of unfinished business to take care of in relation to yesterday's blog entry.  Because the story of Pesco d'Aprile wasn't the only joke I pulled.

I actually inserted two more gags into the April 1 entry.  Did you find them?  If not, here's where I placed them.

For one, you know how one of the things that I do in each Tuesday Timeline is give out a list of important events that happened throughout history.  And all of the April 1 events that I posted were one hundred per cent truthful...

...all except THIS one.



Yeah, the story about the Koosh Ball scandal of 2000 on "The Rosie O'Donnell Show" was a total lie.  Sure, Rosie O'Donnell used to shoot Koosh balls into her audience at the peak of her talk show career, but nobody was ever injured by one of them, nor were they ever banned in the United States.

Kinder Surprise eggs surprisingly ARE banned in the United States.  And that's no joke!

Now for the other gag, let's have a look at the celebrity birthday section, in which I list a group of celebrities who turned one year older.  But was I really truthful in all of the celebrities, or did I throw in one fake name?



Ah, yes, Reggie Mantle.  Sadly, he is not a real, living breathing person.  He is a comic book character from the world of Archie comics.  But I was right in one thing.  He did celebrate his birthday on April Fools Day in one story, and he is known for playing practical jokes on Archie and Jughead.  Still, he isn't real, so he cannot be placed on the celebrity birthday list.

So, there you have it.  Those were all the gags that I put up in yesterday's blog.  If you got all of the gags, good work!  Unfortunately, I don't have the budget to offer you a prize, but take comfort in knowing that you're too smart to fall for April Fools Day jokes!

But one thing that isn't a joke is the confession that I have to make for today.

You see...I've been keeping a bit of a secret the past few days, and I didn't want to reveal anything until I knew for sure that it was going to become a reality. 

Don't you worry though.  This blog is not going anywhere.  As long as I am alive, this project will continue.  But I do have an exciting announcement to make that will supplement this blog quite nicely.

Now, I have to admit.  I only just started doing video blog entries a few months ago, and the reason why I did this was to save time in posting certain entries, but also because I wanted to improve on my public speaking skills and add a little bit more charisma to my speaking voice in the process.  I think that I've done better than I thought I would, but I will never win any acting prizes. 

But the more I thought about it, the more I realize just how difficult it is to do a video by myself.  As someone who has had issues dealing with speaking in public and having a distinct lack of self-confidence with...well...everything, I find it difficult to be myself in front of a camera when it's just me, you know?

So, when a co-worker friend of mine suggested that we team up to do an online talk show, at first I thought that he was off his rocker.  But he talked me into it, and together, along with a friend of his from his college classes, we have formed the following talk show.



I introduce you all to my secret project.  The "Motive2Change" talk show, exclusive to YouTube listeners!  As we get rolling along, we may consider trying out podcasts, but we've only filmed one episode so far.  We're all still trying to get everything ironed out before we even think of expanding our viewer base.

So, I want to talk about what the show is all about.  These days, it's really tough to be a youth.  With so many temptations and choices out there, it's really easy for people to impulsively make the wrong ones.  It's also hard for people of all ages to really find their way in the world, and so many people seem to have so many concerns and worries that go unheard because they can't find the right person to talk to, or they can't figure out how to solve the problem, or they're simply afraid to make the wrong choice.

Well, that's what the show is all about.  We open up the floor to a specific topic that people might be having a difficult time with and we talk about it.  We brainstorm solutions, talk about our own experiences, and have a lot of laughs along the way.

So, just who are the people involved in the project?

Well, you have myself.  My name is
MATTHEW of course, and I am the oldest one of the group, being a full decade older than my other two co-hosts.  But that's fine, because I can offer a much older perspective on anything we talk about.  I also tend to flavour my opinions with pop culture references (much like I do with this blog here), and I am the guy who will be coming up with one fun fact of the day...which is quite easy for me, I must admit.

We also have my two co-hosts.  The one who came up with the idea is
JOSHUA, and as it so happens, he and I are the ones who work together - well, at least until recently.  He has since defected to the food side of the operation, but before that we worked in the electronics/mobile phones section of the store, and we got along quite well.  He was the one who came up with the idea for a show, and I suppose that you could say that he's sort of our moderator as he kicks off the conversations.  Though, as we get more familiar and comfortable with the idea of hosting a talk show, we'll all take our turn at bat.

The final name to mention in the Motive2Change project is
CARINE, and she and Joshua are both enrolled in the same program at their college.  But here's a fun fact.  Carine and I have actually never met face to face yet.  Keep that in mind for later.  Now, Carine is the only female in our talk show panel, so her point of view might sometimes differ from that of Joshua and I, as she's a girl and we're guys.  But she's also got a unique way of looking at things, and she is really a great girl.  Her job on the show is to keep all of us laughing and to come up with an inspirational quote each and every show to keep the listeners motivated.

So, to end off this blog...why not listen to our first show.  If you have half an hour to kill and you want to have a listen, by all means, do so below!  Click HERE to access our YouTube page.  And, in the logo, you'll find a link to this blog, as well as the Twitter accounts for Joshua and Carine.  So follow them, keep reading this blog, and enjoy the show!  Just click below!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hv9gkrhoNwg

We're going to be doing this on a bi-weekly basis, as we have very limited time to get together...but in the future, we may film more episodes.  And, hey, if you have any topic suggestions for our show, leave them here, or tweet Joshua or Carine.  We'll make sure we talk about them!

No comments:

Post a Comment