Can you believe that it's only four more days until Halloween gets here? So, I suppose that it is my duty to make these next few days filled with Halloween goodness.
Wait. Halloween goodness? Wait, scratch that.
Halloween badness. Yes. Halloween badness.
Of course, that would imply that Halloween in all of its forms is bad. We wouldn't want that now, would we?
Okay, how about this? How about I just wing it from here, and try to write up five Halloween themed blogs, and just see where it takes me? Yeah, that much I can do.
And, wouldn't you know it? This all begins on FUNNY MONDAY of all days! Who would have thought that?
Now, here's the dilemma. I have two choices of topic that I could have done, and yet, I didn't know exactly which one to talk about. Both were really awesome choices for a topic and I agonized over which one I would pick.
But then, it dawned on me. I could always talk about one today, and one for WHO AM I WEDNESDAY, couldn't I? And, one of those topics would allow me the opportunity to give an opinion about it.
So for today, you get to take a look at some Halloween costumes...with a twist.
Now, everyone loves the idea of dressing up for Halloween, and certainly part of the fun of the day is dressing up in scary, fun, and creative costumes.
But what happens when your costume idea turns out to be tacky, unimaginative, or just plain offensive?
Well, that's where this blog comes into play. We're going to take a look at a dozen questionable Halloween costumes and have a discussion as to why they might not be the greatest choice to wear to a Halloween party or out trick-or-treating.
This is the blog post about QUESTIONABLE HALLOWEEN COSTUMES!
And, I just want to give credit to yandy.com, voont.com, nationaloutrage.com, aliexpress.com, selfmademom.net, dumpaday.com, and halloweencostumes.com for the images presented here.
1. Wow...that is one creative Halloween costume. It's so creative that I have absolutely no idea what he's supposed to be. Is he a Power Ranger? Casey Jones from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles? The Tin Man from the Wizard of Oz?
2. Um, yeah...I don't know if this costume is really available for purchase, but this costume is definitely a really bad idea given what is happening with Ebola right now. Besides, does anyone really think that a costume like that would protect against Ebola?
3. My main question is not why she came up with the idea of this costume. My question is...how does she breathe?
4. Nick Cannon's costume is perfectly fine. But leave it to Mariah Carey to turn cookies into a fashion trend...and not a good one at that.
5. Oh, dear...I sense a sexual harassment lawsuit coming with this...interactive costume.
6. To be honest with you, I think this costume looks quite cool. Certainly the "Sharknado" trend seems to be uber-hip this year. But my concern is safety. I don't even know how one would walk or see in that costume.
7. Is there any other way that a Bert from Sesame Street costume could look worse?
You know what? Nevermind. Forget I asked.
8. Come on! That's the worst Mr. Potato Head costume that I have ever seen! At least remove your nose and one ear to make it seem authentic!
9. You know that controversy that erupted when that mother from Florida lobbied to remove "Breaking Bad" action figures from Toys R Us shelves? Well, apparently she neglected the fact that there are Halloween costumes for kids as well.
Though, I must admit...the baby in the Walter White costume looks adorable.
10. How anyone thought this costume was a brilliant idea, I'll never understand.
11. Talk about creativity going down the toilet...
(This last one is not suitable for younger audiences, so if you are, say...10 and younger, you may want to skip over this last one.)
(That was your one warning.)