Hello, everyone! And welcome to December!
Oh yeah...you might have noticed that I have winterized the blog for this month as well. This is intentional. I decided that I would keep this look for three months. Then when Spring comes, I'll have a Spring theme, and so on and so forth.
I even made a new logo - which I previewed a few months back in the small square. The font is called "Variex" (or Baskin-Robbins font, if you will), and I like it so much, I'm going to keep it for a while.
I hope you like the new look! I just hope it doesn't leave you cold. Get it? Leave you cold? Yeah, I never claimed to be a comedian here.
Anyway, I am really happy to see you here! And do you know why?
Because this happens to be DAY #1 of A POP CULTURE ADDICT'S ADVENT CALENDAR!!!
Yep, in 2012, I used green and red scalene triangles. In 2013, I used Christmas decorations. And, this year, the theme is all about snowflakes!
Yes, even Suzy Snowflake, if you like.
So, with this being the first day of the advent calendar, I thought that I would choose a light hearted topic to kick things off. And wouldn't you know it, the snowflakes gave me a bit of an idea.
How many of you have snowflake ornaments on your Christmas tree? I know that on our family Christmas tree, we have several in all different colours. There are white, red, green, gold, and I just bought a giant royal blue coloured one for this year's contribution.
Certainly Christmas trees can tell a story. I reckon that on our family Christmas tree, there is at least a half-century of stories that if trees could talk, it would be able to keep you entertained for hours.
And for the most part, every single ornament on our tree was picked out with love, wonderment, and excitement. There's not a single ugly ornament that exists on our tree.
Of course, I imagine that over the thousands of Christmas celebrations that have been observed every December 25, there have been some ornaments that could be described as ugly, tacky, and in some cases, just plain scary.
I scourged the web to come up with some ornaments that are...unique. And before I go ahead with this blog, I need to give credit to inventorspot.com, cafepress.ca, jezebel.com, and huffingtonpost.com for the inspiration behind this post.
Let's get started!
1. Ah, this must be the time in which they decided that a New Kids on the Block/Little Mermaid hybrid would sell out.
2. Yeah, I'm sure that the creator of this ornament didn't intend for it to look so creepy, but if you ripped off Barbie's face and glued it onto a sea of green sparkles, what would you call it?
3. Somehow this seems more appropriate for a Halloween tree instead of a Christmas tree. Though I will also be the first to admit that I think it's kind of cool.
4. I guess this ornament is designed for people to always remember Baby's First XBOX. Or, is that an XBOX 360? I don't think it's an XBOX One...
5. Nothing says Merry Christmas quite like Santa Claus undergoing an exorcism, doesn't it? What else could be better?
6. Oh, great. Where are Temperance Brennan and Seeley Booth when you need them?
7. Ohhhhh! Look at the cute little bomb ornament! Totally inappropriate for a Christmas tree, but I think it still looks cute. Then again, I have the A&W Root Bear on my tree, so what do I know?
8. I don't even know what the heck this even has to do with the Christmas season? A summer vacation tree, sure...and that's a stretch.
9. You know how that town in Poland was complaining that Winnie the Pooh was not appropriate for children because he refused to wear clothes? Would they consider THIS a better solution?!?
10. Oh, yeah...nothing says Merry Christmas like hanging Snooki on your tree branches...
11. When in doubt, just open up a can of Chef Boyardee for ornament inspiration.
13. You know, I have to admit that I would probably like a Yoda ornament on my tree. But Yoda as a tree topper? Overkill that sounds like.
14. Angels we have heard scream high, as their heads begin to fry...
15. Yes...these ornaments are exactly what you think they are...
16. I see the Grinch has opened up his own holiday shop.
Wasn't that fun, everyone? And, we still have another twenty-four days to go!