Search This Blog

Monday, May 26, 2014

Bucket Lists + A Chuck-It List

Before I get into today's topic of discussion for this week's "MOTIVATION MONDAY", I'm going to tell you a bit of a story.

Actually, it's more of an admission.

Today's "MOTIVE4CHANGE" episode, which originally aired on Sunday, May 25, 2014, I, along with my buddies JONATHON, CARINE, and JOSHUA talked about quite a few subjects.  We talked about the subject of capital punishment, which admittedly is still just as controversial of a topic as it was some ten, twenty, even thirty years ago.  And, we even brought up the reality show "Survivor", and we all wondered if any of us would be able to outlive, outplay, and outlast each other if we were cast.

(Ultimately, the consensus was a resounding NO.)

But the main topic of the day was all about the idea of bucket lists.  And, in preparation for this topic, all four of us had created our own bucket lists to read out to the
MOTIVE4CHANGE audience specifically for this topic.



Well, okay, I should rephrase this.  Three of the four of us created the bucket lists for the show.  But truth be told, I had already drafted a bucket list two years ago.  I wrote about the movie "The Bucket List" in my blog back on August 16, 2012 - a film that starred Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman as two elderly men trying to cross off everything on their list that they wanted to do before they died.

It's a good movie, by the way.  I recommend it.

Okay, so since I already did a bucket list, I'll just post the link to the
August 16, 2012 entry on "The Bucket List".  Just click the date.

And, while you're at it, why don't you have a listen to the eighth episode of "
MOTIVE4CHANGE".  I think you'll enjoy it!  At least, I hope you will anyway.



EPISODE #8 - OUR BUCKET LISTS (5/25/2014)

So, now that you've all had a chance to listen to the show, I thought that in addition to the bucket list, I would do something else.  A little addition that myself and only myself would do (though if CARINE, JOSHUA, and JONATHON are reading this, I would strongly encourage them to do this as well, if they so choose.  If not, that's entirely their call, of course).

But I thought that since my bucket list is from 2012, I would do another kind of list updated for 2014.

It's a little something that I like to call the "
CHUCK-IT LIST".

Now, I know what you all are saying.  What in the hullabaloo is a "Chuck-It List"?  And, what in the heck does hullabaloo mean?

Well, the answer to question #2 is simple.  Hullabaloo means scuffle, or kerfuffle, or just plan commotion.  And, what I mean by a chuck-it list is simple.  A list of things that are weighing me down that I want to just get rid of forever.  Mind you, some of these items on my chuck-it list have been there for many years, and it may very well take even more time to get rid of them for good.  But, I have to try to cross them off.  Even if I only manage to get rid of one item from my "Chuck-It List", I have to call it a victory.

This list will be in no particular order.

MATTHEW W. TURCOTTE'S CHUCK-IT-LIST
Updated 5.26.2014

1 - Get rid of all the negative people in my life.  Nothing ever thrives when people are trying to put you down or make you feel worthless all the time.

2 - Get rid of any excess stress that I have - this will likely be impacted by how much success I have with Chuck-It List item #1.

3 - Get rid of any insecurities that I still have about myself.  Because as much as I've slayed some dragons, this role playing game called life isn't over yet.

4 - Get rid of the self-loathing trap that I keep falling into.  I am not my worst enemy, so I need to stop acting that way.

5 - Get rid of the extra pounds I gained since my surgery.  I want to be like the 2009 version of me only wiser, more mature, and able to wear the slim-fit fashions of 2014!

6 - Get rid of the idea that I am not capable of falling in love.  I am.  I just have to find a way to fall in love with myself first (after all, you can't love anyone else unless you love yourself) without turning into a real egomaniac.

And finally...

7 - Get rid of the paralyzing fear inside of me that prevents me from doing more out of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment